^ Back to Top
Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo St. Charles Borromeo
 
 
 

Latest News

Links

Houses

ST.CHARLES SCHOOL - SAMASPUR, NAJAFGARH, NEW DELHI

 
  
 
 
 

CONGRATULATIONS! SR. EMILY, SR. LISSA, SISTERS, STAFF AND STUDENTS – A GREAT LEAP AHEAD.

 

CRIB 2012 AT ST.CHARLES CONVENT CHAPEL, ST. THOMAS TOWN
Christmas  - a time for deepening our Faith

Awareness of our faith is essential for everyone. In what do we put our faith? In whom do we put our faith? Is it in power, position, prestige, popularity, pleasure, or God? To find out, we need to ask ourselves: “Where does most of our energy go?” Do we spend much of our time in prayer, promoting peace, striving for progress in our spiritual life or something else.?

Christmas reminds us that the Son of God entered human history by becoming a little baby to show us the way to God the Father. Many people today have forgotten God. They build their lives on worldly values and not on the Gospel values. God is not the centre of their thinking, living and planning. They build their lives on sandy foundation. People who try to live without God are similar to people who live without air. They find it difficult to live in stormy or difficult times.

What are the values of the Son of God who became man? Just to mention a few: simplicity, love, humility, generousity, peace, forgiveness and freedom. The freedom that Christ puts before us is an inner freedom linked with peace. It is the freedom of the children of God.

Thus, we all need the Year of Faith to let fresh air come into our lives.

(Adapted from the news letter (GROWTH) of St.Anselm, Kent by Len Kofler)

A MISSION OF COMPASSION
 

A PRESENTATION FOR THE PLATINUM JUBILE OF THE S.C.B. MISSION IN INDIA -2004

 
Jubilant songs of praise ring in the hearts of the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo as we look back with gratitude to God for his presence through the saga of the ages and centuries gone by. In our hearts we realize that joy is rooted in the mission entrusted by Christ to humankind -A MISSION OF COMPASSION.
 
In the New Testament, Jesus exemplifies God’s compassion in his preaching and healing, in his concern for lost humanity, and his self-sacrificial love on the cross. Jesus provided paradigms of compassion in the parables of the Good Samaritan, who had compassion on the wounded traveller and the Prodigal Son, whose father saw him in the distance and, "moved with compassion" ran out to meet him.
 
Compassion begins with the recognition that it resides in its fullness in God, who is present in creation, participant in history and destiny.
 
"Be Compassionate Just As Your Father Is Compassionate." Lk. 6:36
"This is what Yahweh asks of you only this: that you act justly, Love tenderly and walk humbly, with your God." Micah 6:8
The journey of the four valiant Sisters to India, Which began in 1929, continues to pace ahead.

 

The Sisters of St. Charles have completed 75 GLORIOUS YEARS.
We owe it all to the Lord, the giver of all graces rare,
Our enthusiastic pioneers and generous predecessors,
Have left their imprints on the sands of time,
Their Vision and Zeal has set our spirits on fire.
 
The Congregation had its humble beginning in the village of Wez-Velvain, in the diocese of Tournai, Belgium. It was born in compassion for the poor, the ignorant and the deprived.
 
Rev. Fr. Adrien Bresy, Parish Priest of Wez was moved to compassion at the sorry sate of his flock, and was deeply sensitive to the plight of the women and children in the war-torn situation of Europe.
 
He took up this challenge with the help of five valiant women, whom he assembled in his presbytery. They were Marie Catherine Warquain, Elizabeth Lepe, Marie Anne Lepez, Marguerite Delrue and Marie Barbe Delrue. These formed the nucleus of the newly founded Congregation.
 
The History of Wez-Velvain records: "Wez become famous during the second half of the 17th Century when a community of Religious of St. Charles established themselves in order to give free education to the young girls of the commune and to look after female mental patients… The humble parish of Wez which counted about 300 souls had the glory among all the neighbouring communes to open the first school."
 

The church was celebrating with great pomp the centenary of the death of St. Charles Borromeo that year. He was an advocate of religious discipline in the Church and an ardent apostle of Christian Education, both concerns dear to the heart of Fr. Adrien Bresy. The Founder and his five collaborators decided to place themselves under the protection of the great Cardinal of Milan. They became known as the Daughters of St. Charles Borromeo.

  • ON MARCH 1, 1684; MGR. GILBERT DE CHOISEUL DE PARISSY PRASLIN, bishop of Tournai, gave his official approval to the budding community.
  • September 27, 1684 is the Official Foundation of the Congregation.
  • On October 25, 1685, fest of St. Catherine, the official ceremony of the Vestition and First Profession took place.
  • November 25, 1685 marks the Canonical existence of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo.
 
Rev. Fr. Adrien Bresy died to live eternally in Heaven on the First Day of June 1699, and to satisfy his humility was buried in front of this portal. His tombstone is now laid in the wall of the Parish Church (St. Brice) at Wez-Velvain. The Epitaph is the most precious testimony that we possess of him and the first expression of our Charism.
 
Mother Josephine Allard holds, and will ever hold, a unique place in the history of the Congregation, as Foundress of the Missions, Divine Providence gradually prepared this soul for such a high destiny.
 
It was at the beginning of her term as Superior General that Mother Josephine Allard conceived the idea of the mission. The thought came to her more forcefully on the fest of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, October 3, 1928; it remained persistent Sunday, in response to her humble diffidence. On the last Sunday of that month, Mission Sunday, in response to her incessant supplication and prayer, she had the certitude that such was the will of God. She tried to found a house in the Belgian Congo but met with repeated and almost incomprehensible failures, even though all the precautionary steps were taken for it. She understood that it was not there that the Lord wanted the Sisters of St. Charles. At a moment of great disappointment, perplexity and doubt, appeared Msgr. Mederlet, Archbishop of Madras who was going round Europe in search of Religious to work in his diocese.
 
On December 31, 1929 with the blessing of Pope Pius XI and under the protection of St. Therese, the Little Flower was opened the First House in India at Ranipet. The inspiration of God moved Mother Josephine Allard; the flourishing Congregation in India bears witness to it.
 
And so not to Africa but eastward to India, would their journey lead -Mother India was calling. Her little ones were waiting, hungry for life and truth, eager to know and grow. So many little ones were in need of schooling and motherly care. In September 1929, the four much envied pioneers knelt before Archbishop Mederlet, and a Missionary Covenant was sealed in tears of joy. Whatever the years would bring, India would be their homeland. They would give of their best, lives spent in services for the poor and lonely.
 
 
The Launching Out–Sending Forth:
 
(Words fail to describe the enthusiasm that greeted the arrival of the venerable Prelate, Msgr. Mederlet, on September   1929; and interestwith which the Sisters and pupils listed to his vibrant conference.) A thunderous applause was the unanimous response given by all the Sisters when it was announce that Mother Marie Gerard ( Helen Derycke), Mother Virginie (Gabrielle Amand), Mother Maria (Pamela Brownsdon) and Mother Marguerite Marie (Marguerite Waymel) were to be the First Missionaries to be presented to his Grace, who desired to see the beatification of John Bosco and the Sacerdotal Golden Jubilee of Pope Pius XI -the Pope of the Missions.
 
The first four Missionaries left Wez on December 1, 1929 after an impressive ceremony of Missionary consecration of Sending Forth, which took place on November 24, 1929. (It was the first of its kind, presided over by His Lordship, assisted by a large number of the local clergy and in the presence of a large number of relations, friends, well wishes and parishioners.)
 
From Wez, the dear birthplace, they set out, rich with the prayers and blessings of dear ones to speed their steps. Through Belgium into France they passed by train towards the shrine of St. Therese of Lisieux. Here they would hail the Patroness of the Missions. Her protection of prayer and heavenly blessings would fortify them and sanctify their days in a far off land.
 
On December 4, they embarked at Marseilles on the "Amboise." Along with the ebb and flow of the tides, the hopes and fears of the Four Young Hearts, began to rise and fall as they plunged into adventure. As did Abraham, their Father in Faith, they trusted that God Would Provide.
 
After a long voyage they arrived at Colombo, the capital of the island of Ceylon (Sri Lanka): a letter from His Grace Msgr. Mederlet welcoming them and announcing to them that he had been fortunate in securing for them a spacious building in the district of North Arcot, in India.
 
The proposed filed of work was changed due to an unexpected turn of events. On December 15, 1929, the Parish Priest of Arkonam, Rev. Fr. Ter Beck of the Mill-Hill Fathers informed the Bishop that an English lady, Miss Kelly, wanted to return to England for good and therefore desired to sell her property. Providence once again determined the course of events Miss Kelly’s house at Ranipet would be the first Foundation of the Sisters in India. God’s ways are incomprehensible! In the meanwhile, the "Amboise" set sail from Colombo on December 25. Christmas was celebrated on the waters of the Indian Ocean. The ship touched the shores of Madres (Chennai on December 26, 1929. (The pioneers experienced mixed feelings of excitement and anxiety, but the sight on the quay changed their anxiety to consolation and peace.)
 

On December 30, 1929, when the Sisters arrived at Ranipet, the year was nearly spent. Yet 1929, holds a great beginning for the four pioneers of St. Charles Borromeo. On the morning of December 31, Archbishop Mederlet offered the First Mass in their oratory. The lamp of love and light leaped into flame, and the Divine Presence reigned -a flame never to be stifled, a light kindled in truth in Christ.

Divine Providence continued to guide out Pioneers. The letter of Mother Marie Gerard dated January 22, 1930 states: <<Heavenly blessings continue to fall on us, we cannot hold back out tears when we see how good Divine Providence is to us".

 
The first school was inaugurated on January 15, 1930, it was housed in the convent. In the beginning there were 30 children, a few years later 50 more were admitted. The opening of the school was presided over by Msgr Mederlet, Rev. Mother Marie Gerard was the first headmistress and correspondent of this New School.
 
The first teachers to tend the little ones were Miss Agnes Leela and Miss Padmavathi, the latter joined us and called Sr. Mary. She was one of the first five India Sisters,. Who dedicated herself to the Lord in the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo. Today the school has branched into High School and Higher Secondary Schools.
 
On January31, 1930- a month after their landing at Ranipet -  the Sisters saw the need of opening a dispensary to care for the sick of the villages around Ranipet. The dispensary was blessed on April 1, 1930 by Msgr. Departures. Mother Marguerite Marie was given charge of the Medical Apostolate.
 
In a short span of four months, they exercised great influence on the inhabitants of the villages. The people were like sheep without a shepherd, they found in the Sisters inspiration and true guidance for their lives. When one works purely for the glory of God and for the salvation of souls one must never fear the morrow. God Almighty Himself comes to the help of those who devote themselves to Him. These words of the Archbishop, served as an inspiration to the Sister. On June 4, Mother Marie Gerard had the joy of seeing an old man of Thingal village being welcomed into the fold, her first step in direct evangelization. Sisters continue the work of evangelization even today.
 
July 1, 1930 was a very memorable day, the opening of the orphanage with 20 girls ranging from the age of 5 -14 years. It began with 4 girls from Kilacheri. The inmates in the orphanage increased in numbers so that in the year 1940, there were 450. Even today the Young girls are given education and accommodation in this Gerard’s Home.
 

Our praises for L.F.C will not cease, we say in the words of a famous Tamil Poet:

 

You were a litter seed
You grew up to be a big plant Now yore a large Banyan tree
Offering shelter and scholarship to many.

 
Mother Marie Gerard’s whole life was one of unceasing toil, devotion to work, unfailing availability to all, poor and rich alike. At the time of her death there were hundreds of risets to honour her.
 
She had all along been the "Queen of Ranipet" and "Ranipet Mother", her motto was to be of  "One Heart", she wanted the Sisters to imbibe the "Family Spirit of the Congregation."
 
 
THE GROWTH OF NATIVE VOCATIONS:
 
The Masters sows wherever He wills. Here in India, the seeds sown were plenty. The Sisters prayed the Lord of the harvest to send them labourers. The first five buds have already become visible, the Novitiate of the Sisters of St. Charles was opened on May 31, 1935 at Shimoga, in India. The first Indian Sisters were sr. sr.; Mary ,St. Joseph, Sr. Carola, Sr. Theresita and Sr. Maurice.
 
Here is Mother Joseph frail and delicate, radiating the first fervor even now. (She was alive for the Platinum Jubilee. Mother Joseph passed away on March 19, 2007, her feast day, she has also joined the others to sing the praises of the Lord.)
 
In answer to the Lord’s call and supported by the example and zeal of the pioneers the labored started trickling in. The seeds contain within themselves a dynamic life-force capable of sprouting, growing, and bearing fruit.
 
This is an extract from the letter of our former chaplain, Rev. Fr. Finbarr Connolly C.Ss.R., he writes from Ireland on October5, 2005: "For me the sisters of St. Charles were unique in their group of what we now call ‘Indigenization,. It may have been provoked by the fewness of members from Belgium, but the transfer of about your growth. It was demanding without being in anyway complicated."
 
He calls each one by name: Is Christ calling you to follow him in proclaiming the Good News to the poor, not only by words, but by deeds, by feeding the hungry, by teaching the ignorant, by curing the sick, by cleansing lepers, giving hope to the marginalized and the refugees, welcoming victims those who are suffering, those in pain, accompanying women and children empowering them.
 
During the 75 years and Following, foundations have sprung up one after another, at present we have 48 St. Charles Borromeo houses in India in 3 Provinces in the North, in the East and in the West.
 
 
OVER-SEAS MISSION:
 
The characteristic feature of S.C.B Mission is that we are ready to be sent to any part of the world, wherever the greater, the more universal good summons us. The vibrations of our family spirit can travel across cultures, countries and continents. Mother Josephine Allard is known as the Mother of the Mission, Mother Ann Marie Carlier can be called as the Mother of the Over-seas Mission. Way back in the early 1970’s she sent out an open invitation to the Indian Sisters to response thus the Missions abroad came into existence. The Indian Sisters set-out to render the much needed services.
 
 
THE CALL TO ARGENTINA:
 
In 1983, on the eve of the Tri-Centary of the Congregation in Belgium, the Congregation welcomed a new missionary inspiration, a call of the Holy Spirit, a secret only the Lord knew. The Bishop of Anatuya, of Argentina requested the religious to respond to the people who lived in dire poverty and were lacking in Pastoral care. Mother Marie Henriette, Superior General made an apple for volunteers, the response was overwhelming. In October 1980, four Sisters, attended an intensive preparation at Louvain on society, culture, and religions of Latin America. In March 1984, Sr. Andrea D’Souza and Sr. Alicia Valder boarded the Van Dyck at Anvers. Sr. Elizabeth Chavara and Sr. Annacletus Joseph arrived by air, they met at Buenos -Aires. On May 5, 1984, the four Missionaries of St. Charles planted the missionary mile stone at E1 Colorado, this was followed by five more foundations
 
 
THE CALL TO POLAND:
 
1989 was a memorable year for Poland as it was liberated from the Communist Regime. The Holy Father, Pope John Paul II, made an earnest appeal to the Superiors General of the Congregations in Europe to keep the doors open. Rev. Mother Andrea met a Polish missionary, Fr. Stanislaw at E1 Colorado in Argentina, she visited Poland and met the Archbishope of Lodz, Msgr. Wladyslaw Ziolek, he welcomed the Sisters. Sr. Boniface, Sr.Joyce Ferandes and Sr. Irene Pinto were the pioneers of the new mission, they arrived on November 4, 1991, the fest of St. Charles Borromeo, thus the first community was officicallyfounded at UI. Ignatiego Skorupki, Lodz. In 1992, the small community moved to their own nest at Pabianice. The Sisters are involved in Pastoral work, visiting the sick and lonely and conducting English classes. Today our Sisters are at Dabrowa, Andrzejow, Chestochowa, Chojny Warsaw and where they are involved in teaching. Youth ministry, home for the aged, nursing care and catechetics.
 
 
ITALLY IS CALLING:
 
The Nuncio of Belgium, Msgr. Morretti invited the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo to Arona, the birthplace of St. Charles Borromeo. We are happy indeed to be at Meina in Arona, the Sisters are in charge of the home for the Aged, called Casa Riposa Di Ratti. The Belgium Province was very happy to start this mission but of course, support had to come from India. Srs. Alex, Ephresina and Marie Stella were chosen to pioneer this mission, it was started on December 1996, another house has been started at Crucinallo, the Sisters are taking care of the little children of the Nursery School.
 
 
AND NOW TO AFRICA WE GO:
 
The Spirit blows where it wills, the call to Africa also came from the Salesians, the call to India was from the Salesians. The Provincial Superior of Bangalore and the Provincial Superior of East Africa extended a warm welcome to us at Iringa.
 
Rev. Mother Andrea, Superior General has taken the appealing mission to distant lands. She is fully a woman of faith and courage. The pioneers, Sr. Victoria, Sr. Punitha De Fernando, Sr. Mangala Mary and Jhansi Joy, arrived in Tanzania on the 19th of May 1997. The mission was officially inaugurated on the 1st of June 1997, our Founder’s day and also the feast of Corpus Christi. Today our sisters render their services at Dar-es-Salam, Iringa, Kibao and Mbeya. The sisters are involved in education, health care, social welfare, family counseling and founder’s compassion.
 
The thrust of the mission in India is, infinite love of the labours of our pioneers, predecessors and the present children of the Congregation. We greatly appreciate these courageous sisters, making a joyful surrender in dedicated service, continued to be with tension of the founder’s compassion.
 
But the task of the religious life for the 3rd millennium is to be a vision of the future for the hopeless, a passion of life for the oppressed, an experience of compassionate love for the needy and rejected, of promise of justice for the marginalized.
 
We sum up the mission ahead of us follows, in the words of "Vita Consecrata". If the great successfully, what is needed above all is the consecrated life which is continually open to challenge by the routine word and the signs of the time. The memory of our religious vocation as the gift from the Lord, for the world and to make our religious life truly a mission of compassion -A MISSION OF COMPASSION
 
 
 
 
KARNATAKA STATE TAMIL NADU
MARY IMMACULATE CONVENT,
SHIMOGA - 1933
LITTLE FLOWER CONVENT, RANIPET,
VELLORE - 1929
ST.CHARLES CONVENT,ST. THOMAS TOWN
BANGALORE - 1938
ROCCA BORROMEO - YERCAUD,
 SALEM - 1964
NIRMALA HOSPITAL, OLD TOWN,
BHADRAVATHI - 1943
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, JOLARPET,
VELLORE -1965
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, OMZOOR,
D.K. MANGALORE -1970
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, YELAGIRI,
VELLORE - 1969
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, NEW TOWN,
BHADRAVATHI - 1973
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, THIRUVALLUVAR NAGAR,
MADURAI - 1969
VILLA BORROMEO, PROVINCIAL HOUSE
BANGALORE - 1976
POPE JOHN’S GARDEN, MADHAVARAM,
CHENNAI - 1971,
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, SUNKERI,
U.K KARWAR - 1978
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, TIRUPATTUR,
VELLORE - 1973
CARDINAL GRACIAS HOSPITAL, NIRMAL NAGAR,
BELGAUM - 1979
CHARLES VILLA, PERAMBUR,
CHENNAI - 1984
MARIA SADAN, SHIRWAD,
U.K. KARWAR - 1986
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, VILATHIKULAM,
TUTICORIN - 1997
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, NIDDODI,
D.K. MANGALORE - 1986
ADRIEN VILLA, KOLATHUR, PROVINCIAL HOUSE,
CHENNAI - 1998
PREMANJALI, NOVITIATE HOUSE, BYRATHI,
BANGALORE - 1987
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, AMMOR,
VELLORE - 1999
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, KAMMANAHALLI,
BANGALORE - 1994
ST.CHARLES CONVENT,PULIAMPATHI,
TUTICORIN - 1999
ADRIAN NIVAS, GEDDALAHALLI,
BANGALORE - 1994
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, KOLLAPALLUR,
COIMBATORE - 2003
KARUNALAYA HOSPITAL, NANJANGUD,
MYSORE
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, MUGANDANUR,
TANJORE - 2005
SADBHAVANA, MUCHALAMBA,
BIDAR - 2002
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, GUMMIDIPOONDI,
CHENNAI - 2005
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, HULSUR,
BIDAR -2009
ST. CHARLES BHAVAN, VELADU,
DIDIGUAL -2009
  ST.CHARLES CONVENT, PERIYAKOTTAI,
SIVAGANGAI - 2009
JHARKHAND ST. CHARLES CONVENT, MUTTAM,
KANYAKUMARI - 2010
ST,CHARLES CONVENT, LOHARDAGA,
KURU - 1983
 
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, GUMLA,
KERENG - 1993
MADHYA PRADESH
 ST. CHARLES CONVENT,HATIA,
RANCHI - 1996
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, HOSHANGABAD,
BHOPAL - 1983
 ST.CHARLES CONVENT, BOSCO NAGAR,
GUMLA - 2000
 
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, DHUMKA, 2004 UTTAR PRADESH
  ST.CHARLES CONVENT, SHIVPURI,
GWALIOR - 1991
MAHARASHTRA DIVYANJALI, FORMATION HOUSE.
JHANSI - 2008
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, VAKOLA
MUMBAI - 1965
 
JYOTHI KIRAN, MAROULI
MUMBAI - 1994
ANDHRA PRADESH
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, PATNE,
KOLHAPUR - 1994
ST. CHARLES CONVENT,CHILAKALURIPET,
GUNTUR - 1967
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, GEORAI,
BEED - 1999
ST. CHARLES CONVENT KANAPARRU,
GUNTUR -1889
 ST. CHARLES GENERALATE,
KAMBA, KALYAN - 2011
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, CHERUKAPALLI,
GUNTUR - 2007
KERALA KERALA
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, THUTIYOOR
COCHIN - 1993
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, KADDAKAL
KOLLAM - 1991
ST. CHARLES CONVENT,
WAYNAD 2007

ST. CHARLES CONVENT, PERUMON,
KOLLAM - 1995

POPE JOHN XXIII REHABILITATION CENTRE,
KIGARGA, KATTANAD - 2011
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, KIZAKKAMBALAM,
KOTTAYAM -2008
DELHI MIZORAM
ST.CHARLES CONVENT, DHANSA ROAD,
NAJAFGARH - 1998
ST.CHARLES CONVENT,
HNATHIAL -2005
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, SAMASPUR,
2005
ST.CHARLES CONVENT,
NEW SERCHIP -2006
  ST.CHARLES CONVENT,
AIZWAL -2007
CHATTISGARH  
ST. CHARLES CONVENT, BHATGAON
SURGUJA - 1996
 
 
 
 
BELGIUM ARGENTINA POLAND TANZANIA ITALY MEXICO
Wez 1684 Tacanitas-1986 Andrejow-1996 Iringa-1997 Meina-1996 Ticul-2010
Peruwelz  1861 Campo Gallo-1989 Czestohowa-1997 Dar-es-Salem-1999 Crusinallo-2003 Campeche-2011
Antoing 1986 Rio Cuarto-1990 Chojny -2000   Kibao-2001  Borgo Ticino-2006  
  San Francisco-1994 Dabrowa1994 Mbeya-2002    
  Buenos Aires-1999 Warsaw-2002 Khonda -2005    
    Niepolomice-2005      
 
SISTERS OF ST. CHARLES BORROMEO

Snehatheeram, Kidangara

 
Greetings from Sr. Joyce Mathew, Sr. Annie N and Sr. Prethy at Kidangara, Alleppy!
    Fathere speaks
 
The beginnings of a “Roof for the roofless” was launched on June 27, 2012. It started with the arrival of 6 women, ranging from the age of 65 to 80; all these are helpless and need our constant help and care.
 
In the beginning we did not have a cook, so we had to prepare the meals, clean the house and attend to the inmates. Thanks be to God, we now have the domestic staff to take care of the household chores.
 
    Fathere speaks
 
We conduct evening study classes for 20 children of the locality. This is a means to have a good rapport with the neighbourhood. Besides this, we visit the families once a week. The Parish Priest Fr. Antony Moolayil (Fr.Joby) has entrusted us with two SCC Units (Kudumbha Kuttazhima). We have Eucharistic celebration in our chapel on the last Thursday of each month. The parish priest and the FCC Sisters of the parish are quite cooperative and supportive of our mission. A family from the parish has volunteered to give us a lift daily, for the Eucharistic Celebration in the parish, which is about 2.5 Kms from our residence.
 
We are sad to announce that two of the inmates passed away peacefully, they were given a decent human life at the fag end of their lives. They were also given the final farewell and a fitting funeral service. May their souls rest in peace.
 
The first death anniversary of late Fr. Francies Vanippurackal, the Founding priest of this institute was on September 8, 2012. The Trust members organized the official day of the inauguration of our mission here and extended a welcome to the Congregation to take charge of the administration of the ‘Home’. The memorial stone was unveiled by Rt. Rev. Dr. Joseph Perumthottam, the Archbishop of Changanacherry. Sr. Janet D’Souza the Provincial Superior, Sr. Rita Varghese, the Province Bursar Sr. Lydia, Sr. Hilary, and several representatives from our communities in Kerala were present for the function. There were also priests, sisters, civic and political personnel present for the occasion. A good publicity of the event appeared in the prominent news papers.We take this opportunity to thank Sr. Christy Sarojini, the Superior General for her good
 
wishes.
 
We are grateful to the Provincial Community, Villa Borromeo, St. Charles Convents at St. Thomas Town, Vakola, and Bhadravathi N.T.; Nirmala Hospital, Bhadravathi O.T.; Karunalaya Hospital, Mysore; St. Charles Convents at Thuthiyur and Peruman for their gifts in cash and kind. We appreciate your care and concern for the mission, may God bless you.